Implementing Best Practices in Multilingual Localisation
Share this page
Prior to a website's global roll-out, adoption of best practices facilitates the multilingual localisation of the platform concerned and thus guarantees both compliance with delivery deadlines and the quality of the end-result.
The aim of this preliminary check is to ensure that the website is ready for localisation and that the content flows essential for its internationalisation are under control.
Even in the final stages of production, in a potentially tense context if the technical challenges of multilingual production have not been anticipated accurately enough, making the right decision at the right time can rescue a production schedule and thus the entire project.
Datawords' role as a multilingual partner is to provide clear solutions to problems that might otherwise appear complex.
Depending on your requirements (corporate website, e-commerce section, applications, etc.), Datawords will prepare a set of multilingual criteria to be transmitted to your Web development agency.
The infrastructure of your multilingual website can take several forms. Numerous decisions concerning linguistic flow management must be taken before the development of the website, in order to optimise the quality, delivery and cost of the localisation.
- Hosting of localised versions
- Compatibility of local browsers
- Multilingual integration process
- Centralisation or decentralisation of content management
- CMS optimisation
- Managing multilingual bugs
- Optimising multilingual SEO
- CAT tool optimisation
In the event of difficulties encountered during a first attempt at localisation, Datawords can intervene to optimise the multilingual management of both maintenance and any future projects of a multilingual nature.
- Audit of localisation processes
- Technical and linguistic audit of the website
- Audit of multilingual flow optimisations
Datawords gives an impartial external view of steps already made in the development of multilingual modules.
Thanks to its dual skills in both the technical and linguistic fields, Datawords is ideally placed to liaise with your Web development agency, providing specialist advice in relation to your multilingual objectives.
Datawords' consultancy services are based on impartial judgements, since we never operate as a Web development agency but rather as localisation consultants.
We place our expertise at the disposal of Web development agencies to enable them to deal with the technical factors associated with multilingual deployment:
- optimisation of multilingual content management
- the architecture of the website's multilingual content
- multilingual management of video material, animations and graphic content
- adaptation of contact forms for each country
- inversion of content for Arabic-language websites
- specialist advice for the introduction of different fonts, depending on the languages concerned (particularly for Asian and Slavic languages)